This detail design project includes interim operational improvements to the Highway 401 and Kingston Road 38 interchange in the City of Kingston.
The purpose of the project is to refine the recommended plan for interim improvements to the Highway 401 and Kingston Road 38 Interchange.
The project involves the following components:
- Reconfiguration of the Highway 401 westbound on-ramp and off-ramp to align with the McIvor Road intersection
- Reconfiguration of the Highway 401 eastbound off-ramp
- Drainage improvements including two new Storm Water Management facilities
- New, expanded carpool lot in the southeast quadrant
- Replacement of the Highway 401 westbound Collins Creek Bridge, and localized grade raise of Highway 401 westbound lanes
- New traffic signals at the north and south ramp terminals
- Replacement of guiderail and illumination
Traffic management for construction staging will include lane reductions on Highway 401 and Kingston Road 38; short duration ramp closures; temporary closure of the existing carpool lot in the southwest quadrant; and, temporary closure of McIvor Road between Kingston Road 38 and Jackson Mills Road with access from McIvor Road to Highway 401 via Sydenham Road.
Contact the project team if you wish to submit questions or comments.